Pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA 1998) individuals (including sole traders and non-limited liability partners) wishing to access their Personal Data (as defined under DPA 1998) stored at PCM2U should submit a request as follows*:
- Make your request, in writing, to the EU Data Protection Officer (see below for contact details).
- The request should be on letterhead, if possible, or at least include address details and provide documented evidence of who you are (e.g. a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate). You should also provide as much detail as possible regarding the information you wish to access (e.g. specific details of information required, relevant time periods, etc.).
- A £10 administration fee is permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998. However PCM2U may waive this fee. Please do not enclose the fee with your initial request; PCM2U will contact you should a fee be required.
- Where multiple requests for the same data are made within a certain specified time period under the Data Protection Act 1998, PCM2U need only respond to the initial request. If you wish to make another request at a later time and/or new or different information is requested, PCM2U will ascertain at that time whether a new subject access request has been made and by when a response is required.
- Once the EU Data Protection Officer receives a completed Subject Access Request, PCM2U will make best endeavours to compile and provide all relevant, proportionate and non-exempt information and any necessary explanations about the data within 40 days, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. In any event, you will receive all the information that has been located and can be released in accordance with the law, along with an explanation for any information that cannot be provided at that time.
- PCM2U does not release information held about individuals without their consent, unless there is a legally supported reason to do so. Therefore if information held about you also contains information related to a third party, PCM2U will make every effort to anonymise the information. If this is not possible, and PCM2U has been unable to secure the relevant consent, PCM2U reserve the right not to release the information.
Subject Access Requests may be submitted in electronic format, and may be responded to in kind.
If you have a complaint about how PCM2U handles your personal data, please contact Customer Services at email@example.com or the EU Data Protection Officer.
If your concerns relate to the contents of a PCM2U Business Information Report (BIR), or you would like to update your company’s data, please contact Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Details of EU Data Protection Officer:
*Please note that a limited company or a representative of a limited company acting on behalf of the company, or other such entity (or its representative acting on its behalf) required to register with Companies House or similar register cannot make a Subject Access Request. Any information requested for a company would normally constitute a PCM2U Business Information Report or other similar report, to which normal fees and terms and conditions apply. If a director, officer or other company representative requests data about him or herself specifically, it may be treated as a SAR.